"sea cucumber" is one of the traditional Chinese precious foods in "abalone, sea cucumber, shark fin and fish maw". Originally grown in the sea, salvaged and processed into a dry state for easy preservation.
Main components and benefits of sea cucumber
Sea cucumber is a highly nutritious food, rich in protein, but low in fat and almost free of cholesterol. In addition, because the flesh of sea cucumber is delicate , is easy to chew, so it is quite suitable for the elderly and young children as a supplement.
How to choose sea cucumber
- Color: Due to the wide variety of sea cucumbers, the colors vary. The general principle of selection is natural color. Sea cucumbers that are too dark and shiny may be specially processed and need special attention.
- Epidermal: The integrity of the epidermis is a major point in the selection of sea cucumbers. Sea cucumbers with broken skin or incomplete appearance may be made from stale sea cucumbers or damaged during the drying process.
- Dry and humidity: The drier the sea cucumber, the better. If it is not dried in the sun during processing, it will be easily corrupted after a long storage.
- Smell: High-quality sea cucumbers smell with a light sea odor rather than fishy odor.
How to soak sea cucumber
- Soak dried sea cucumbers for the first time: Take a clean and oil-free container, put the sea cucumbers in it, pour in purified water until the sea cucumbers are covered, cover the lid and put it in the refrigerator for 48 hours (during every Change the water every 12 hours).
- Boil sea cucumbers: Take a deep pot, pour clean water, bring to a boil, add sea cucumbers, cook over medium heat for about 20 to 30 minutes, turn off the heat, cover the pot, and leave it at room temperature for one night (For areas with hot weather, it is recommended to put it in the refrigerator)
- The second soaking of the sea cucumber: After the sea cucumber has been stewed for one night, wash it with clean cold water, put it in a clean and oil-free container again, pour in purified water until the sea cucumber has been wiped, cover it Cover and refrigerate for 48 hours (change the water every 12 hours) and you're done.
- The container in which the sea cucumber is soaked and boiled must be clean and free of oil, otherwise the sea cucumber will become rotten.
- The above cooking time of sea cucumber can be adjusted according to the size of sea cucumber and personal taste.
- If the soaked sea cucumber is not cooked for now, it can be drained and placed in a plastic bag, and then stored in a freezer.