What is Fish Maw
It is one of the traditional Chinese precious foods. "fish belly" is generally made from the swim bladder of large fish. After drying, the appearance is mostly translucent yellow.
Main components and benefits of fish maw
The main component of fish maw is collagen, and it also contains a variety of trace elements, and its fat content is low. It is a very ideal supplement food. Mainly used for nourishing skin and kidney, strengthening the body.
How to choose fish maw
- Color: Good fish maw is light yellow and translucent in color, clean in texture, free from blood tendons, blood stasis, etc.
- Size and thickness: Generally, the larger the fish maw, the more valuable it is. Mainly, the larger the size, the thicker body, and taste better after stewing.
- Dry humidity: The drier the maw, the better. If the inside is not dried completely during processing, the color of the center will be cloudy, which is called "flower heart".
- Smell: Good quality fish maw smells with a hint of sea. Fish maw with obvious fishy odor is generally inferior.
How to foam fish maw
- Put the dried fish maw in a bowl, pour in clean water to cover the fish maw.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, put it in the refrigerator for about 24~48 hours, until the maw becomes soft.
- Put fish maw in boiling water, add a small amount of rice wine, cook for about 2 minutes.
- Take out the fish maw, rinse with cold water, and it is ready to use.